cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

Hightower69
Dabbler

Broadband speed

Quick poll, is it acceptable to have download speeds of 0.7? Answers on a postcard!
37 REPLIES 37
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband speed

FYI you can actually set up a poll, however I'm guessing you're having an issue that's causing slow speeds?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Hightower69
Dabbler

An issue that's been going on for 5 months, it's a joke I'm paying for a service and I have to do all the work
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sure our faults team will look into it in due course and I'm more than sure we can help improve this for you.
EDIT: In fact I've just checked your account and noticed that the BT IP profile has increased a little so I've bumped the profile up on our side so it should be around 900-950kbps now. However we'll continue to investigate and see if there's any further improvement we can make to that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Hightower69
Dabbler

To be honest with you mate I'm losing faith in your faults team, it's gone up to 0.71, before the problems I was getting 2.1, every service provider says I should get at least 1.5 I would kill for that at the moment, it's a joke, my mobile Internet is faster
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Hightower69
Quick poll, is it acceptable to have download speeds of 0.7? Answers on a postcard!

If you are a very long way from the exchange 0.7 might be an excellent speed! We really need to know more to sensibly comment.
We can help if you post the information asked for here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Hightower69
Dabbler

Thanks jelv seen it done it got tshirt to prove it, had engineer out he says my line should support 2mb, my neighbours all get 1.5 and above, news flash it gone up to 0.9 abit more and bbc I player might not sound like Norman collier!
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Your line might not follow the same route as your neighbours so a direct comparison might not be valid. There's quite a number of fellow users on here that have helped a lot of people get their issues sorted. Bear with us and post the information and we'll see what we can do.
Hightower69
Dabbler

Some results here
jelv
Seasoned Hero

You appear to be a long way from the exchange so your speeds will never be brilliant (until fibre becomes available to you). Also your line will be more susceptible to problems.
Have you got a master socket with a removable lower half? If so the same stats when the router is plugged in to the test socket inside the master socket would be helpful.
I note also that the up time is not much more than an hour. Is that a reconnect you did or do you get a lot of disconnections?
Hightower69
Dabbler

It's always been in the test socket,sometimes it does drop out but not very often, I appreciate I'm never going to get super fast speeds, when it was up near 2 it was liveable but 0.7 is crap
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Are you using any extension leads?
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Edit: Sorry, I think I misunderstood your answer.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Do you have any other extensions and is anything using them?
Hightower69
Dabbler

No other extensions, I've changed the filters, tried a different router, done a rain dance etc, lol, surely in the 21st century I can have a bit more speed, my neighbours had the same problem with another supplier, running at 0.7. It took them months of phOne calls letter writing, they even wrote to the CEO, before something was done now they get 1.7 on average, so it is possible