cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

Hudds37Fix

Broadband speed

Hello 

I'm trying to speak to somebody about my mums broadband speed at her home. I can't get through on the phones, and can't use LiveChat. How am I supposed to sort this problem out if there is nobody available! I have authority to talk to Plusnet on her behalf and I need somebody to please contact me. Her broadband speed has been measured at 2.44 for download and 0.17 for upload. Her family are having to care for her at home and we all need fast broadband for work - at the moment the service is unusable and is causing problems for all of us. Can somebody at Plusnet please contact me urgently. Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Broadband speed

Hi there @Hudds37Fix, I am so sorry to hear about the speed issues that are causing problems for you and your family members as you care for your mother. I can imagine how frustrating it must be when you are all trying to work.

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed.

That being said, if you could provide your mother's account username in a private message to me, I'll be happy to run some tests myself and see if we can pinpoint where the issue may be Smiley

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
Hudds37Fix

Hello Plusnet 

Can you confirm how I send a private message to Buttercup? I'm not familiar with this Community format.

Thanks 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@Hudds37Fix click this link https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/81680

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Hudds37Fix 

Unfortunately @Buttercup isn't online at the moment, can you drop me a message with the username instead?

A direct link to message me is: https://community.plus.net/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/45633

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the message @Hudds37Fix 

I've tested your mother's line today and the tests are showing her router's getting a speed of 3mbps with no drops over the last 25 days, which is a good speed for the length and quality of her line and on target with what you've said.

If she's needing faster speeds I'd recommend asking her to contact our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 to upgrade to fibre where she'd be able to get a speed of about 35mbps or more. 

Let us know if there's anything further we can help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet