cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

pburton1

Broadband speed

I have received the router Plusnet Hub One router and it is working.  However the speeds are =

very disappointing, approx 7Mb/s download.  BT check says this is all I can expect.

What can be done ?

Regards

Peter Burton

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

3 REPLIES 3
lewbat

Re: Broadband speed

Lucky man with 7mb........ I am advised today by Plusnet that 2.54mb to 7mb is an acceptable speed for me, but I did not agree to that when I signed up, seems they change the rules as they go.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Peter,

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues. My tests are showing your router in sync at a slow speed below the expectations of your line. Can you run through the troubleshooting here and raise a fault to us here if things don't improve?

Thanks

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@lewbat

From what I can see you were advised of a speed estimate of between 3.5 to 5.5mbps as per this ticket. Testing your line I can see your circuit is currently performing as expected, in sync to the exchange at 5mbps.

From looking at the recent speed result you've completed of 0.7mbps, this is much lower than I'd expect. Was that done using a wired or wireless connection?

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet