cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

greengrass
Grafter

Broadband speed

For the first 10 months with BT I was getting speeds of roughly 6.8mbps.
Then the speed dropped to 5.8mbps.
This was before I had looked around for another ISP
This is my first day with PlusNet and I am pleased to see that the speed is back up to 6.4mbps using the same Homehub.
I understand that it can vary for the first 10 days or so but hopefully it will stay around this speed which I would be happy with.
It is a bit faster than I used to get at my previous property.
2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband speed

Thanks for posting and I'm glad to hear you're happy with the service.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
greengrass
Grafter

Re: Broadband speed

Just an update, I have been with PN for just over 4 weeks now.

The first 2 weeks I was getting about 6.4mbps but from time to time the speed would drop to almost nothing, it could not even complete the speedtest. Here is a picture of the speedtest results.

I understand things can be erratic for the first 14 days so I put up with it.

So after 2 weeks I tried to reset the HH4 with a pin but it would not for some reason so I turned it off and on again.

This gave me a new IP address, the speed is a little lower at 5.8mbps but it is much more reliable and steady.

I only noticed the speed drop off once in the last 2 weeks.

I am OK with this speed, it's fine. The reliability is good now so I do not want to mess with things for the sake of a tiny speed increase. If it aint broke...

It is at the top end of what I was told to expect anyway "Estimated line speed 2mbps to 5.5mbps"