cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed slow and phone line dead

Louise812

Broadband speed slow and phone line dead

Can someone please help as I’m at my wits end and have tried all the troubleshooting options.

Broadband speed is under 1mg on both upload and download. Says it’s connected, plus net says no issues.

Phone line is totally dead and when I try the phone troubleshooter I get an error that says

“The result of your line check is unclear.
Please wait a while and try the test again”

I really don’t have time to sit on the phone to the call centre for hours between working full time and having 2 toddlers I don’t get chance to look at stuff until at least 10pm so need a way to fix online/out of call centre hours.

I’ve already changed the ssid etc and separated 2.4 and 5ghz but this didn’t help either. Even using Ethernet cable I still get under 1mg.

There’s clearly an issue with the line with the phone being dead but no idea how to fix it?
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Broadband speed slow and phone line dead

Until your phone line is fixed then the broadband won't be fully functional.

Can you raise a fault at https://faults.plus.net ?

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Broadband speed slow and phone line dead

Hey @Louise812

Thanks a lot for reaching out, tests on the line this afternoon have identified an underlying fault with the phone network, which is having a direct impact on your Broadband. I've now raised this matter with Openreach, and we're hoping to have it both addressed and resolved by 09/08/2021.

I've created an Open fault Ticket on the account which you'll be able to both view and comment on for direct communication with our Technical Support Team without having to call in.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds