cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed on Iphone 8 iOS 11.2.5

amatigianc

Broadband speed on Iphone 8 iOS 11.2.5

Dear Team

after the first year, since I started paying £9.99 a month I noticed a visible deterioration of the broadband quality. Both my iMac (connected by cable to the router) and my iPhone/mac book connected to the WiFi are considerably slower. Sometimes it often times out.

On my phone I ran the "reset network setting" but nothing changed. My iMac is often slow. 

I am really disappointed by the performance of the Broadband right now that I'm considering changing provider.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

GC

6 REPLIES 6
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband speed on Iphone 8 iOS 11.2.5

Welcome to the forums @amatigianc

Without a few more details, it is difficult to advise you with regards to the broadband quality. Sight of your router statistics and the results of the other tests as outlined in this thread: https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/ADSL-Speed-faults/m-p/1270245#M297501 would maybe give us a chance to suggest possible improvements'

As an aside, did you not contact Plusnet at the end of your contract, and see if they could offer you a better deal?

John
amatigianc

HI Jab,

thank you I'll go through it, but I didn't contact PlusNet at that time as I assumed the quality service wouldn't change. I'll definitely look for a better deal.

Thank you.

GC

amatigianc

Using the tester suggested in the video it doesn't look I can get any better. Which is disappointing and it means that during the first year trial I was on a better speed but then they lowered it when passing to a monthly payment. 

GC

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@amatigianc - that is part of what we need - thanks. It would also be helpful if you could supply the information in the rest of that post i.e.(1) your router stats - noise margin, speed and attenuation.(2) the results of a BTW speed test - use the second option listed there, and complete the 'further diagnostics' (3) Your current line speed.

The info you have provided tells us what you COULD get, we need to actually see what you DO get, and what may be causing the change.

Plusnet wouldn't 'lower your speed when passing to a monthly contract' - something else must have happened.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi amatigianc

I've just tested your line and we're not seeing any issues at all. 

If you start to experience problems over the cabled connection again I'd try following the checks here: https://goo.gl/tu2WWu

Do keep us posted so I can keep following things up with you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@amatigianc wrote:

Which is disappointing and it means that during the first year trial I was on a better speed but then they lowered it when passing to a monthly payment.

It just does not work like that.  Coincidentally you have (or you have noticed) something of concern.  Please follow the self help links provided by others ... or use these.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

How is your line performing?

Please post your router stats; for PN TG582n and 2704n routers use the buttons below, for other routers look at the Kitz link.

Also run a BT Wholesale speed test (ideally using an Ethernet wired PC with the WiFi turned off) then run the further diagnostics and post the results here. DO NOT REBOOT the router!

Also find your CURRENT SPEED (PlusNet line profile) from the PlusNet user portal - you will need to log in.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.