Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed not good lately

carlcaulkett
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed not good lately

I regret to report that my broadband speed has not been brilliant lately. I had been enjoying speeds of around 14/15 Mbs (according to http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/) but that last few days it has been down to 8/9 Mbps. Additionally I keep getting the annoying phenomenon of linked pages from Twitter not loading or loading with no style sheet information, and to make matters worse, my online banking has been unusable this week.

Thoughts, anyone?

Carl

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband speed not good lately

Hi Carl,

I've just reset the SNR for your line to 6db, even though the connection has been stable for over 30 days I can see that SNR had risen to 10.5db causing the sync speed to drop down.

You should see some improvement within the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply Adam, I'll test it again tomorrow or the next day and let you know how it goes. Just out of interest, is it something that I have done or not done that could have caused this situation to occur?

carlcaulkett
Rising Star

Unfortunately the fixes that Adam described do not yet have appeared to improve matters. I'm currently getting 6.9 Mbs and it's not really up to the job. TV is always buffering and I'm getting frequent page load fails. My connection has been good in the past, so logic suggests that it could achieve such good performance in the future.

Over to you guys.

Thanks,

Carl Caulkett