cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed less than half 1990s dial up AGAIN.

worzel
Grafter

Broadband speed less than half 1990s dial up AGAIN.

Hello long time customer here, although admittedly I only post when I have a problem, so here i am starting my second this decade, and both this year.
Up until Monday I had a regular broadband speed of 1.70 to 1.80,  then it dropped right down to 0.20 where it's been since, and before I get asked, I've done all the checks, and started a broadband fault ticket. (although if last month's experience is anything to go by no one at PN will notice that unless I post here too!). and my voice phone (also with Plusnet) still works unlike last time.
Attached is a screen shot from the download speed chart for the last seven days from my Samknows box - yes I've tried connecting without that it makes no difference - which shows several partial drop outs before the main drop and of course the main drop itself on Monday.
The BT wholesale speed test, and PN's own show the same current line speed at 0.20 which just isn't acceptable, given it's less than half the speed I had when I first signed up to what was then Force9 via dial up back in the late 1990s.
Can something please be done about this, and preferable in less than three weeks this time.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband speed less than half 1990s dial up AGAIN.

Your line was dropping out a lot on Monday, so the line has had it's speed reduced to stabilise it:

Since then your line has stablised again and has connected at a higher speed, so the profile has increased back to 1700. If you try a single disconnect/reconnect you should see an improvement.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
worzel
Grafter

Re: Broadband speed less than half 1990s dial up AGAIN.

Thanks. That fixed it.
Would have been nice to know when it happened though.