cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed is very slow, and drops out regularly

pud1972

Broadband speed is very slow, and drops out regularly

My unlimited fibre package has got really slow recently, and regularly drops out, only working again if I restart the router. Anyone else having problems? The router is 3.5 years old. 

3 REPLIES 3
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Broadband speed is very slow, and drops out regularly

Are you on the 40:2 speed product? There seems a new bug that's come up recently where uploads cause the line to drop, plusnet are testing the fix before rolling out,

What hub do you have at the moment?
pud1972

Not sure what the 40:2 speed product is? The router is 3.5 years old, connected to a BT Open reach box. Both get v hot when in use. little uploading going on, mainly downloading but way off the full speed. Think I might brace myself and ring customer services tomorrow.
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Ah sorry, do you know what product you are on? Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre extra?

If you are on old boxes not sure how good your wifi is? The new Hub One is a combines openreach box and router so you can save some wires and power points, along with much stronger wifi.

Not sure if it will solve the drop outs but if you look in your router logs does it give any messages on the "WAN" port that show disconnections?

When it drops out does the Openreach box flash its DDSL light or does that stay on solid? That will help determine if the Openreachbox/line is the problem or if the current Hub is dropping things out (the light should be on solid)