cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed is slow

Cbaldw

Broadband speed is slow

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help please.

My broadband speed seems to be really slow, I am not able to watch something on the tv on catchup/netflix and be on my phone on the wifi just browsing social media without issues. The tv will freeze or stop working all together at times. 

Any help with checking/sorting this would be great.

Thank you,

Charly

2 REPLIES 2
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Broadband speed is slow

Hi @Cbaldw,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your broadband speed.

After testing the line, the service is stable while operating within the estimated speed leading up to the router. Are you experiencing the issue solely over wireless or wired as well? If the issue is solely over wireless, please follow the guide below in changing the wireless channel to avoid interference.

1) To connect to your Plusnet Hub Zero, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

2) Once you are connected, you will see the option that says 'Wi-Fi Network' with the name of your network followed by the 'Settings' button.

3) Please select 'Settings' and you will be asked to log in with the 'Router Password'. This password is found on the bottom of the router and is case sensitive. This password can also be found on the plastic card that came with the router.

4) The Channel is the key option that we need to look for, If this is on Auto then we will want to change this to one of the 13 channels listed on the drop down menu. This stage is all down to trial and error to find the best channel for you.

If the problem occurs via Ethernet cable as well, please raise a fault and let us know on here when you have completed it.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Cbaldw

Re: Broadband speed is slow

Hi @Jubby 

I haven't connected my ethernet cable so would not know if this happens via that. So only on Wireless at the moment, bbc iplayer even freezes when I'm not even using any other devices on wifi now too.

I will try what you have suggested, I am finding it very frustrating as I also work from home so am struggling to complete work as it keeps freezing all the time when on the laptop also.

Charly