cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed contract change?

winnipeg1823
Grafter

Broadband speed contract change?

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
I renewed my contract last year when the speed on the contract was 58 - 65mb
I have just looked at my account online and it now says 50 - 56mbs..I have never been told of this change, and my speeds have decreased accordingly. If anyone has had a similar occurrence how was it solved?
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Broadband speed contract change?

Those speeds reflect the sustained speeds seen on your line, as reported by BT Wholesale.

There could be a minor fault on the line - what real world impact can you discern on the operation of your service?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

winnipeg1823
Grafter

In the real world?...not getting what I paid for and signed up to and the sense that the contract details have been altered, and now hovers around the new minimum speed, which according to Plusnet website they won't see it as a fault
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

It is not that black and white.  What OPERATIONAL impact can you see?  Do you discern intermittent operation or buffering?

You pay the same price for above 40mbps, be that 4.5mbps or 80mbps.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.