Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed /connection- no update

Sianbez
Dabbler

Broadband speed /connection- no update

Hi,
I raised a ticket last Friday about my broadband speeds being terrible-0.3mg!I received the text about it being tested and I would be updated in 24-72 hours,I haven't heard anything.
My speed increased to about 1.5mg yesterday  for few hours but has dropped again today.The broadband is also dropping out completely and I have been unable to get online at all,so I'm writing this message really quickly hoping someone can chase this up and update the information on my ticket.
I have recently moved over from Be and was able to receive speeds of 5-7 mg with no issues,I was expecting to at least maintain a decent speed with Plusnet,it started off promising with these speeds being achieved for first few days,what happened?!!!
Thanks,
Sian
19 REPLIES 19
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband speed /connection- no update

Hi there,
I've checked your fault ticket and it seems we've updated this prior to your post, it's just stating a few tests we'd like you to perform if possible.
Sianbez
Dabbler

Thanks Chris,between me registering,writing the message and constantly being cut off from the internet the response came up.We have now replied to this message on the ticket requesting an engineer visit, we could not reply directly via email?please could you make sure it is dealt with as I was told earlier on the phone that if we added info on the "ticket" it will go to the back of the queue again and it's already been 4 days,
Thanks,
Sian
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Replying to a ticket/question when it's 'awaiting your response' is fine - that's the way you are expected to provide your response. If you don't respond nothing further will happen until the ticket self-closes after 14 days of inactivity.
When you respond it returns to the back of its "awaiting support team answer" queue, progressively working its way to the front. It is at this stage that using the "I need to add more information" button will drop the ticket to the back of its queue again - so best done only if absolutely necessary.
David
Sianbez
Dabbler

Thanks for the info Spraxyt
Sianbez
Dabbler

Still waiting for a response about an appointment for engineers visit,getting really fed up with all the waiting,my internet speeds are still around 0.7mg!
Also does my router need firmware update?Been reading a post where firmware 10.2 is available for the TG582n router and that it can increase the stability,I would have thought it would be updated automatically but it's still on the 8.4.4.J version.Can this be done or am I able to get the update myself from somewhere?
Still can't understand why I didn't have a problem with Be services and suddenly new router and plusnet  and it's all gone pear shaped!
Thanks,
Sian
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
We've managed to get an appointment for you tomorrow 8am - 1pm Is that any good for you?
Sianbez
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Tomorrow the 25th april between 8-1pm would be great,can you confirm the appointment is booked please.
Can you also look at getting the 10.2 firmware update pushed to my TG582n router,or tell me who I need to contact,as I use a macbook I cannot do it myself,I had a response to another post on this confirming that I need to get you guys to do it,said to ask PN,don't really know who/what that is,
Thanks,
Sian
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

That's booked in for you and I'll give our product team a nudge to upgrade your firmware.
Sianbez
Dabbler

Thanks Chris,appreciate it,any idea how long it could take to get the firmware update,is it likely to be hours or days?
Sianbez
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
To update you the firmware update for the router was applied immediately,thanks for that.
We have seen a significant improvement since the update,our speeds gone from 0.7mb to around 4mb,still below the 6.5mb expected lower speed for our line so can we please continue to try and resolve this,I will update again once the engineers been tomorrow,
Thank you for your efforts so far,
All the best,
Sian.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, let me know how the engineer visit goes today.
Sianbez
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
My happiness was short lived!
No sign of the engineer,you have a landline and mobile number on record if there's a problem.
Also my partner says interleaving has been applied/switched on,don't know if that's been done yet,but our speeds are now back down to 0.4mb and the internet keeps disconnecting,from the router page it says its timing out because it's idle and then can't find the link to reconnect.
Can you please update me asap about the engineer,don't want to wait in all day if they're not going to show,I could be in the garden enjoying the sun!
Thanks,
Sian
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm chasing the engineer appointment up now, I'll be in-touch shortly.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sian,
Apologies that the engineer has not attended today, this was an issue with our suppliers systems that caused that. I have just spoken with them and they have offered an appointment for tomorrow 8am-1pm is that any good for you?
Interleaving is not currently turned on and we certainly need an engineer visit regarding your connection drops.