cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed been at only upload speed: 0.25mps for the alst week

Jam2thabo

Broadband speed been at only upload speed: 0.25mps for the alst week

Please someone help!! As of Thursday 2-8-12 my broadband connection speed has dropped to virtually non-existent! For no reason this issue has suddenly occurred, without me changing any settings on my router, browser or OS. Several phone calls to plus-net support has given no resolution so far, and hourly checks on BT speed test and speed.test.net are showing results of d/l speed between 0.12 and Mbps and u/l speeds of between 0,.06 and Mbps. When |'ve been told they should be at least 17.0Mbps.
Today a tech advisor at plus-net ran tests on my line then text me a link and asked to text back the three hourly results, which I have done but do not know where to go from here. And not being the most technologically minded I have got nowhere on these forums due to all the computer jargon, so some plain English would be nice Smiley Thanks in advance
16 REPLIES 16
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband speed been at only upload speed: 0.25mps for the alst week

Hi Jam2thabo,
Everything I can see with your account shows that you are syncing at 17MB/s. Are you using wireless? If so then try with an ethernet cable.
I can see you have run 3 speed tests which our faults team are looking at and they will also test your line.
Are you able to try on another device?
Jam2thabo

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply, Glad to know they have received my speed test results and are following up.
I cannot try another device as I only have the one computer, Last night after midnight my speeds returned to completely normal, then this morning,my partner has an iPhone and said from her phone the streaming, loading etc was working 100% ok.
At the moment it seems to be ok again, although the speed test I did an hour ago came back at u/l speed 0.17 Mbps, but just now it has returned to the normal 16-18 Mbps so it seems to be an intermittent problem. 
Also have tried the modem in all 3 phone sockets in our house and none seem to make it better or worse (we did subsequently discover that we don't have a test socket??)
Anything else we could try if it goes down again?Huh
James
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi James,
It's very strange if that your having the fluctuating speeds. Are there any other electrical devices that are on only when you have the speed problem? It is possible that something could be interfering with your line.
Other than that I would let our faults team have a look at your results and see what they come up with.
Chris
Jam2thabo

Hi Chris, it is still working fine now, no other devices here are connected to the router, just the computer via Ethernet cable. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this has been resolved, so thanks for your help if it has Smiley If I have any more problems I'll return to this thread and update you
Many Thanks
James
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll leave it in the hands of our fault's team. They will assist you in solving this.
If you need any help then just let me know.
Chris
Jam2thabo

Hello again Chris, sorry to say that after all day and evening yesterday having our speed back to normal, I have just returned from work and it's right back down to the slow speeds as before Sad if you could raise this issue with the relevant team again that would be great. Any ideas in the mean time?
james
Stronghold
Dabbler

You are not alone jam, i have also logged a speed fault and i seem to have the same issue....
Last week 14 meg download 1 meg upload....service disconnect last night at 23.00 came back up with 1 meg download 1 meg upload lol, been stuck at that for most of the day, once it went up to 4 meg at around 6pm but then dropped back down again.
I hope its just a small local issue.
halster65
Grafter

im having similiar issues with speed, around 1130 last night, my internet went down for 15mins, came back up seems fine, but today, my speed is crazy! hitting between 2-4mb on speedtests, pings are 32-35, i was happily getting 77mb before this...have raised a support ticket, so hpfully gets fixed soon!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@ Jam2thabo
Your ticket has been updated and is awaiting your response regarding the diagnostic questions.
@Stronghold
Your line is currently under going testing and you will has updated as soon as the this has finished.
@halster65
Our faults team are awaiting a response on your ticket to confirm when you have completed 3 speed tests.
Jam2thabo

Hi Chris, I wasn't aware they were waiting on our response, how do I contact them and which diagnostics results are you referring to?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I imagine the reference is to information Plusnet added to your ticket before returning it to you? Have you taken a look at that? Normally you would be prompted about the ticket response when you log into the Member Centre. Otherwise login then click "Help & Support" and click "View your questions" in the body of the page.
You would normally update the ticket with your reply and send it in again.
David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Jam2thabo,
You can view any open tickets on your account here: http://www.plus.net/help/?home=helptop
Once you've clicked this link, click on the 'View your questions' link and you should find your open Fault Ticket in which you can read and respond to.
Jam2thabo

Thanks but when I click the link and then click 'view my questions'  it asks me to login again?? and then my login details don't work, plus there's no option in the provider drop down box for madasafish?
katie
Grafter

I'm having the same problem here. My wireless speed has dropped alarmingly to be almost unusable since last  Wednesday/Thursday. I can use a desktop (wired) but mt security cameras are wireless and constantly disconnectiing which is a real problem. I have raised a ticket & awaiting a reply now. I've been with Plusnet for years and I'm sure they will sort it but it's really annoying in the meantime. I need to go away for a few weeks soon & really need a relieble wireless connection for my cameras.
Katie