cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed ( after land line fault)

nitramuk

Broadband speed ( after land line fault)

Hi.
Can anyone help me with this.
After a recent phone line fault our speed dropped to almost zero.
( were with plusnet for home phone and broadband )
plusnet sorted the phone fault via bt, but this left us with a speed problem.
After going thru the fault process which seemed to take forever with the multiple 3hr waits between speed tests and the plusnet dealing with the problem, our speed shot back to normal levels ( line profile of 5500Kbps) sync at 6400.
Now several days later were still synced at 6400Kbps ( and have no line problems )but our profile seems to have dropped to 750Kbps, according to speedtester @ bt.
Any ideas how to get this raised again without the long delays of the fault system ( and clues as to why it dropped so suddenly @ 9:30 on sun morning )
Many thanks
Martin
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband speed ( after land line fault)

Hi Martin,
Usually a drop like this is caused by a blip of noise on the line that drops the connection briefly. If it's happening regularly at the same time each it might be an unfiltered burglar alarm (though that's usually earlier in the morning), perhaps a faulty or missing filter on a phone?
Have a look at the router logs (if you use a router), that'll tell you if there was a drop in connection or not. If not let me know and I'll check your connection logs here.
Hope that helps,
nitramuk

Re: Broadband speed ( after land line fault)

Hi.
Many thanks for the reply.
No burglar alarm here . and filter changed several times and connected to master socket, Our sync speed has always remained around the 6400 mark.
Many thanks
Martin