Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed 50% drop

journeys
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Broadband speed 50% drop

A couple of openreach engineers have been messing with our local cabinet. Since then our broad band speed dropped from 1.9 mbps to around 0.7 mbps.
I've logged a call with PN support, is this my only option to get a fix?
TIA
5 REPLIES 5
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Broadband speed 50% drop

Can you post your full xDSL stats? I assume you don't have any audible noise on the line - use the Quiet Line Test 17070 option 2 if need be.
journeys
Aspiring Pro

Anotherone, thanks for looking:- 17070 option 2 is zero noise.
Router hung whilst  obtaining the statistics required a reboot.
Anotherone
Champion

Hi journeys.
The stats tell us you are on a 20CN exchange. My guess is that the engineers' messing in the Cab caused a low sync event. On 20CN, even though the sync speed has recovered, it can take several days for the IP Profile to increase. It should be quicker for larger increases, but evidence that I've seen over the last 12 months or so implies it's taking at least 72 hours, and in some cases 5 days but then your Current Line speed (Login required) needs to update (don'tpost your phone number if you post it).
Run the BTw Performance test again (DON'T REBOOT, ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. That output will give you the current IP Profile. Do a Copy and Paste of the results and post here if you want (no need to grab an image).
journeys
Aspiring Pro

IP Profile seems to be stuck on .97mbps yet
From router, Modem Status connected, DownStream Connection Speed 2592 kbps, UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps

DAK is there a chance the IP Profile could be 'stuck' and need a nudge.
Or am I just being impatient?
Anotherone
Champion

If it's been like it for more than 3-5 days, it's stuck. Hopefully one of the CRT will look at this for you.