cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband slow for months, keep complaining but nothing gets fixed.

sophieSimmons
Hooked

Broadband slow for months, keep complaining but nothing gets fixed.

I must have complained about my slow broadband for months now and nothing is ever done about it. They made out they'd fixed something last time and said "wait ten days and it'll be working properly again" and it wasn't. I've done everything they told me to do, fitted all new equipment and it's still virtually useless at about 2mbps. What makes me even more annoyed is that they've offered no compensation for not upholding their side of the contract, and I've been paying every month for around 4 months despite it not working as it should. DO SOMETHING!! 

8 REPLIES 8
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband slow for months, keep complaining but nothing gets fixed.

Estimates:

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

Left in Jumper

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 4.5 -- 3 to 7 Available -- --

Line test results:

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 24.5 44.5
SNR Margin: 6.0 7.0
Errored Seconds: 0 8
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 218 264
Speed: 848 7084

Maximum Stable Rate (KBPS): 6816 Fault Threshold Rate (KBPS): 5452
Mean Time Between Retrains (Seconds): 86400 Mean Time Between Errors Upstream (Seconds): 626
Indicative Line Quality: A Mean Time Between Errors Downstream (Seconds): 167
  Profile Info: WBC 160K - 24M No delay (INP 0) 6dB Downstream, UC No delay (INP 0) 6dB Upstream (ADSL2+)

Connection logs:

From the above line test and connection logs, there's nothing physically wrong with the line that we can see. It's performing at the top end of the estimates.

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Can you confirm you are seeing slow speeds when using a wired connection to the router?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
sophieSimmons
Hooked

Without Ethernet (although using Ethernet makes no difference either) I've just got 4.8 ish download which I higher than usual as it's normally 2ish or less. Don't know what the ping latency thing means but it's in the late 100's and I was previously told it should be as low as possible so I don't know if that's got something to do with it?
sophieSimmons
Hooked

I just did the additional diagnostic thing but it said an error had occurred so BT don't know if it's working correctly or something. Doing it again now and I've got 3.50 download and the ping has gone to zero from nearly 200 a minute ago.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Did this issue happen betwen 1pm and midnight last night by any chance too?

Your completely maxing out the upload of the connection during that period. Do you backup to iCloud, Google Photos etc?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sophieSimmons
Hooked

I've got no idea, I was asleep by 11pm and I'm the only person in the house. I don't use iCloud or anything no. Couldn't even tell you what it is which is pretty pathetic when I'm only 25!
sophieSimmons
Hooked

Ps it probably wasn't working between 12-1am because it never works. I can't watch Netflix EVER & can't watch videos on my Facebook newsfeed on my phone without a twirling loading thing constantly.
sophieSimmons
Hooked

Oh sorry I read that wrong. 12 noon - 1am you meant. I only used it to get PDF documents of people's journals and stuff for uni, and then I also downloaded a tv series but I haven't done that for months before that and it's still bloody downloading now lol. Then I tried to watch catch up tv on my laptop in bed and it wouldn't play anything, just loaded forever.