cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband slow and cutting out

hocumgday
Grafter

Broadband slow and cutting out

Hi can someone check my connection as i am getting intermittent connections and when i do have one it is painfully slow.
I have recently had an engineer out and it was fine for a while.
this seems to be a recurring problem as this will be the 5th time i have had to contact plusnet.
I have tested the line as per instructions and also listened for noise.
9 REPLIES 9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Broadband slow and cutting out

Full xDSL stats would be helpful to enable any constructive comment. See sig for direct link to stats. Also your Current Line speed (Login required) - don't post your phone number.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see you have a fault raised but we aren't seeing many drops from our end here.

Just to confirm do you connect over a wired or wireless connection?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The other bit of info that would be handy hocumgday, is how long on this occasion have you been seeing the intermittent connections?
hocumgday
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
I can see you have a fault raised but we aren't seeing many drops from our end here.
My connection is wireless...it seems to be the exchange throttling me everytime this happens.
its been going on for a few days now

Just to confirm do you connect over a wired or wireless connection?
hocumgday
Grafter

Im getting speeds of 0.7mbs
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Is it possible for you to try a wired connection to see if thats any better?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Where these three threads fully concluded?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131494.msg1162891.html#msg1162891
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133029.msg1162590.html#msg1162590
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131494.msg1148449.html#msg1148449

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hocumgday
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
Is it possible for you to try a wired connection to see if thats any better?

I only use iPads and iPhone for connection and they can't be wired, I've been with you for 7 years so any chance of a free router maybe?
Would be nice ;0)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Why do you want a new router?  There has been no evidence offered to suggest the location of the issue, so a new router is not (at this stage) going to help anything.
I'll ask the question again - did you complete the actions on the three previous threads please?
Whilst there is a suspected problem to investigate, running speed DATA speeds tests is not overly helpful (especially over WiFi* to an iPad) - please gather the information asked for in the speed issues link below.  Please do a quiet line test - dial 17070 option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the master socket.
*The issues you are seeing could be solely down to WiFi channel conflict in your area.  Go to the help assistant (link below) and look up WiFi trouble shooting.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.