cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband screwed since Boxing Day

jduck1979

Broadband screwed since Boxing Day

Report via support ticket #119457856 (which doesn't seem to have gotten all that far)..........
Problems originally started around Boxing Day when the York floods nailed the BT Exchange there.... I'm on the Whitby BT Exchange, but the RevolverMap thingy on a number of the websites I've knocked together usually seemed to tag me as York., so I'm guessing traffic was being routed through after leaving Whitby....
Since it eventually got working again, it wouldn't connect higher than 285Kbps Downstream / 444Kbps Upstream.
BT Openreach engineer attended property Wednesday 3rd of Feb, replaced the phoneline outside since the insulation on it's been completely screwed for a number of years (but even in that state I could normally get 1800kbps - 4700kbps Downstream speeds), doesn't seem to have made any difference to the problem.
Also there's been some gasworks going on in the street for the past several weeks, including fairly close to a number of BT's green boxes..... and there's been a few complaints of noisy phonelines since both that & the BT Exchange flood went on.
When problems started, I was using a Trendnet TEW-435BRM router... but the other day switched over to a new TP-Link TD-W8968(v4).
xDSL stats blurb on that currently reads:
Mode: ADSL_2plus
Traffic Type: ATM
Link Power State: L0

Downstream Upstream
Line Coding(Trellis):                                       On On
SNR Margin (0.1 dB):                                       90 92
Attenuation (0.1 dB):                                       450 238
Output Power (0.1 dBm):                                   0 124
Attainable Rate (Kbps):                               7,172 1,052

Path 0
                                                            Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps):                                                           283 1,044

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband screwed since Boxing Day

I'm sorry to see you've not had a response to the fault yet.
I've given our faults team leaders a prod and have asked them to make sure that's worked on today.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team