cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband ridiculously slow / insane PING

gudgeon1

Broadband ridiculously slow / insane PING

I've noticed over the past fews days my speed has decreased and PING to servers like League of Legends has multiplied 10 fold. Just wondering if the issues is on my end or something to do with the line / plusnest filtering.
22 REPLIES 22
Joshc
Grafter

Re: Broadband ridiculously slow / insane PING

Good evening,
I have a couple of suggestions in regards to the issues you are facing.
However, I am off home in two minutes and there will be no one else about could you pm me with more details in regards to  the speed decrease and if there are any dropouts etc
As soon as I get in  tomorrow I will chase for you
Smiley
gudgeon1

I did an Ookla speediest, but that says the speed is still around the same.  But i have noticed videos on sites like YouTube loading a lot slower, and when i play online games like League of Legends my ping is over 700, when it's normally 40. Maybe it could be something to do with the exchange / line?
shure
Grafter

There have been a number of threads with very similar issues recently, from right across the country.  Surely more than simple coincidence?
Roadie
Grafter

Our speed over the last few days has dropped from 30+Meg to between 1 and 2 Meg, have raised a ticket, will wait and see
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@Roadie
I've done a test and cannot see any issues. Can you please do a couple of speed tests for me and attach them onto the ticket? Your issues seem a little different to some of those seen by others.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@gudgeon1 My colleague placed an order on your line to move you to ADSL2+ yesterday. We hope you should see an improvement on this very soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Roadie
Grafter

Hi Tony, the fact that you have done a test and can't see any issues leaves me even more confused ! Last night when I went through your fault finding procedure your software indicated that there was indeed a fault which is why the ticket was raised. The last speed test using your procedure, I carried out three tests as per your instructions, was something like 2.5 Meg, your software stated that it was well below what I should expect. This morning the speed was still down as was the very slow ping, as the day has gone on the speed has increased gradually back to normal, this surely must indicate an underlying problem. The speed has been fluctuating like this since the end of 2014.
gudgeon1

Videos seem to load faster and speed is slightly higher. Shall report anything if my PING is still high when playing online games! Thanks for the quick response tony.
Roadie
Grafter

Speed dropped again, will wait and see what the ticket brings.
rhydsnewi
Grafter

Quote from: shure
There have been a number of threads with very similar issues recently, from right across the country.  Surely more than simple coincidence?

It would seem that way. Unfortunately proving it and tracing the fault looks to be a tad tricky.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Roadie's fault doesn't appear to be that seen on the other threads.
@Roadie, When I say no fault was found, I don't mean I cannot see your poor speeds. I do see these, and they are being investigated. Have you noticed problems at particular times? Please also confirm that your speed tests are done via a cabled connection. Thanks.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

@gudgeon1
Your line is looking healthier. Just keep an eye on it and let us know if you have any problems.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Roadie
Grafter

Hi Tony, thanks for your continued interest, the speed test  I posted was wireless as I was using a tablet PC at the time. When I went through the troubleshooting procedure I was using a laptop/ethernet set up. There are no obvious "bad" periods time wise, last night when I was doing some speed tests the usual was between 2 and 4 Meg with one crazy exception of 65 Meg, it seems to be all over the place and totally inconsistent.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Yes, we need the wired ones just for consistency. I want to see if our faults team pick up on something I've missed (which is why I've not done anything further with your ticket).
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team