cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband range

pauladowns

Broadband range

Hi,
Looking for a little help - as non technical as possible please!
Got a plusnet wireless router and it's range is awful. Been through the process of changing channels etc as advised by technical support and that didn't help. So I bought a NET GEARUniversal WI FI range extender WN3000RP.
Got it all plugged in etc and when i click on the airport icon on the mac, i have the plusnet router and the same router with EXT on the end. All of which is correct according to the netgear booklet. BUT, it asks for a WPA password, and when i enter it, it tells me it's wrong. I've done it a few times, my husband has done it and definitely not that we are using the wrong password, but it just won't accept it.
Is there a technical reason for this?
Any help would be appreciated, tearing my hair out!
2 REPLIES 2
joana128

Re: Broadband range

I'm having the same problem.  I've just switched to PlusNet fibre from Sky broadband and the netgear extender worked fine with sky before.  Now the extender can connect to the router but wouldn't accept the password.  Please help!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Broadband range

Apologies for asking but did you use the Plusnet password or the router wireless network key as shown on the card you received with the router in upper case