cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband problems - slow / outages

Sarah9

Broadband problems - slow / outages

I've been unable to work from home today because my broadband signal has been very poor.  I had this problem about two weeks ago and customer services sent me a new router.  I didn't use this until today because the signal was fine the next day and back to normal. I actually posted to a thread on this forum earlier today about 11am (not understanding how this works) to complain my broadband was being slow, but after that, it seemed to get better for an hour, but then the signal dropped again.  I have connected my laptop to the router via the ethernet cable and this hasn't improved things.  I also swapped the microfilter to a spare and I have unscrewed the face plate on the socket and connected it directly.  I have tried turning the router on and off again and resetting it.  I've even logged into the router and tried to swap the channel over thinking that might improve things.  It hasn't, so I've put it back on auto.  Last time this happened, the people at the call centre told me everything seemed fine from their end.  I was also told that strain on the service could cause performance issues and may be due to the number of people living in my street.  I live in a flat, on the top floor, so I wonder if this has something to do with it?  Even so, I would expect to get better coverage than this.  

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Broadband problems - slow / outages

Hi @Sarah9,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Fault being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your fault online at faults.plus.net.

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team
Sarah9

Re: Broadband problems - slow / outages

Thanks, Josh, I have done this. The internet started working normally yesterday afternoon, but is not working again this morning. Do you know if I can upgrade to fiber during lockdown? Or if it would help?