cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband only order query

rhydsnewi
Grafter

Broadband only order query

Sorry to be asking yet another question, but this is an odd one...
The business I work for has an accommodation area for residential staff. Installed in this area is an Openreach outside line with line rental currently paid to EE business (line migrated last week).
When one of our staff tries to order a broadband only service for this line (so we're still paying the line rental, just not the broadband), the plusnet checker accepts the postcode and address, but asks if the phone line in question is an active, working phone line (which it is). It then reports that the line is incompatible with broadband and a new line will have to be provisioned.
The line has had broadband on it in the past (when the line rental was with BT and the BB with sky), therefore I am at a loss as to why we can't put an order through.
I can supply the number and address on request.
13 REPLIES 13
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Broadband only order query

If you want to add broadband to an EE phone line then you probably can't because the line is LLU
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Happy to check this for you if want to PM the details over to me, however given that it's EE and that our systems say it's incompatible I'd put good money on that being an LLU line as Jim says.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rhydsnewi
Grafter

I'll send the details over but I know that the only kit in our exchange is BT Wholesale, so I'd assume it wouldn't make a difference?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd agree with that, based on what I can see from your account that your community log in links to.
Good job I'm not a betting man, I'll keep an eye out for your PM Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rhydsnewi
Grafter

We don't make things simple out here!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It doesn't appear that the exchange is fibre enabled yet and you're right there's definitely no LLU (or cable for that matter) services on your exchange! But ADSL should be no problem.
Is the line definitely active and working at present?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend

DACS ?Huh
rhydsnewi
Grafter

Yep, made a few calls in and out on it to check.
No DACS as far as I can tell, and it has had Sky BB on it in the very recent past. The only thing is it has just been ported over to EE business in the last week or so.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

This is probably a very silly suggestion but were you trying to get residential broadband on a business line
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

DACS hasn't stopped ISPs from being able to order ADSL for a long time now.
The only two possibilities left I can think of are either:
The line isn't active for some reason or is incorrectly marked as so by EE
Or a records issue is affecting availability checks.
If you want you should still be able to proceed with the signup and our provisioning team will endeavour to find out what the issue is and see if it can be ocer come.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rhydsnewi
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
This is probably a very silly suggestion but were you trying to get residential broadband on a business line

I thought that might be the problem, but the Plusnet business broadband only order form wouldn't work either. As said before the line has always been on our business account, but previous occupants had sky residential broadband active.
Last time we had a line moved over IIRC we had to wait a week or two before the broadband order could go in (this was a BT to TT transfer), therefore it could be a slow update of the databases involved.
rhydsnewi
Grafter

Sorry to exhume this thread from the depths of obscurity, but I've checked with EE and they've got nothing on file against that line, and neither does the BT system they use to check.
Is it possible to take another look  _Adam_Walker_  ?
rhydsnewi
Grafter

I thought I'd update everyone on what happened with this line. I worked out the problem in the end. Seems that when the line was installed it wasn't installed against the building's own address, rather it was registered against our main centre address.