cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not yet activated

karthikvenkat

Broadband not yet activated

When I placed order for a new Broadband on the 20th July, I was told that my connection will become active on 3rd August.

Then the very next day I got an email stating that it could be upto 5th August.

I was told that the hub/router will be sent just one day before Broadband is activated.

The hub/router was received on 2nd August. However still there is no text / email about the order being activated.

Have been trying to reach customer support but even after waiting for an hour am unable to speak to anyone.

Am totally unhappy with the delay since I had to miss out on working from home. I would like to cancel my order, since am away for the next weeks on holiday and even If plusnet is going to activate it tomorrow I will be out of the country for the next 3 weeks to check / use the connection and will end up paying for the broadband unnecessarily. The customer service is also pretty poor. I would like to cancel the order please. Can someone help how do I do this without talking (waiting) to the customer  care ?

2 REPLIES 2
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband not yet activated

@karthikvenkat Welcome to the forums. If you have the Hub, have you tried plugging it in and seeing if it works? - the activation email sometimes 'go missing'.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband not yet activated

@karthikvenkat wrote:

I would like to cancel the order please. Can someone help how do I do this without talking (waiting) to the customer  care ?

The only other option is by post, see https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

However, the 'free' cancellation perioad starts on the day that you sign up, not the go live day, Consequently I'm afraid that if you cancel now you will be hit with a big early cancellation charge bill.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'