cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working

patvaroscsaba

Broadband not working

Hello!
I got home wrong workbyesterday and around 7pm my Internet connection was lost. I went to check my broadband and imthe power light was orange with the broadband icon flickering red. I tried restarting and checking my cables but nothing seems to work. I went to check troubleshooting and got to a point when it was asking me to plug a phone in to check for a dial tone but even though I'm renting the line I don't currently own a phone I could physically plug in. Do you have any other suggestions what to do? Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband not working

If the phone line is noisy your broadband connection will be bad; buy a cheap phone + plug into TEST
Socket, inside your OPENREACH Master Socket. You can get for under a tenner, and may be handy in an emergency if cell service falls over.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband not working

Thanks for getting in touch @patvaroscsaba and welcome to our Community Forums.
I can confirm when testing your connection from this side currently I can see the recent loss of connection which certainly hints something is out of place somewhere. When testing your line from this side we've picked up there's a disconnection somewhere on the line which would explain the loss of connection we're seeing.

I have raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the standard 2 working day turn around time and estimated response time of 02/08/21 by 23:59. Keeping in mind this is the very latest a engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner.

I've raised a fault ticket on your account and placed it on hold until the morning of 03/08/21 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved however if you are still seeing issues by Tuesday morning and haven't heard from our faults team feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you.

My apologies for any further inconvenience caused in the meantime.