cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not connecting

rwbirket

Broadband not connecting

I've registered here on behalf of my mum who is a Plusnet customer. She lives in Preston, but I live in Oxford so can't be there to help her out 'in-the-flesh' so to speak.

Her ADSL isn't connecting. Without the internet, she is running out of data on her mobile phone contract. Her technical know-how is also, as with most of the population, extremely limited. She has tried telephone support on many occasions over the last week or two and each member of staff effectively leads her through the same steps which are the basics of any technical problem - switch everything off; leave for a few minutes; switch everything back on; wait a few minutes....

The thing is, we have tried this over and over again, even before she tried contacting support. It doesn't work. No microfilter is needed (though we did try with one anyway) as the wall Openreach socket has a filter within it.

I have managed to get her to log in via a web page to the router via her computer that is connected to the LAN port on the plusnet router. All seems OK, but it just reads that the broadband connection is down.

I think some admin [-Censored-]-up might have occured where her connection was terminated but it hasn't been switched back on. There has been no change to my mums setup or hardware. She has one phone line to which her one telephone connects, and the plusnet router.

She is pulling her hair out and getting very stressed out by the entire situation. I am too! This should be a simple thing for plusnet to sort out, and I would imagine it can be done remotely rather than sending out any sort of engineer.

Any tips (apart from going through support and the same routine all over again)?

3 REPLIES 3
cedlor
Grafter

Re: Broadband not connecting

Hi  does her landline phone work?

Which router does she have?

Is that Preston lancs? I live in Fulwood and could lend her another router to try, if she is not too far away.

Edited to delete white page

/

rwbirket

Phone line is working just fine. I will ask her about your idea of popping round. She also lives in Fulwood.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Could you PM me your Mum's username so I can check over the account?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.