cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not active yet. I feel cheated.

tension83
Grafter

Broadband not active yet. I feel cheated.

I was under the impression that my broadband would be going active today.
Apparently it won't be active til the 4th of November.
I was very thorough when I placed my order, asked all the right questions,  was on the phone for nearly half an hour checking details.  At NO stage was I told there would be a delay between my phone going active and my broadband.
I thought Plusnet was a good honest company who would do me proud, but ultimately I feel like the sales guy just told me what I wanted to hear so he could close the deal.
Please have a look at this for me, I need my broadband as a matter of urgency.
Please restore my faith in your brand.
34 REPLIES 34
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Broadband not active yet. I feel cheated.

Hi tension83,
I'm really sorry that you feel cheated. We do make efforts to try and get orders placed for your telephone and broadband to go active on the same day. Unfortunately as much as we try for this, it is never a guarantee that our suppliers can deliver this. When the telephone service becomes active, a broadband order is then automatically placed which can take 5-7 working days to complete.
This is the lead time provided by our suppliers and unfortunately, we aren't in a position to be able to bring this date forward for you. I completely appreciate that you require the broadband connection ASAP, if there was more I could do to speed this up for you, I really would.
Please do let us know if we can be of any further help.
tension83
Grafter

Thanks for the speedy answer.
I actually work for a rival CP, therefore I know Openreach can progress an order quickly if only you give their provisioning team a call and specifically ask them to.
Under the circumstances,  can you do this for me? I already have my router set up, plugged in, and ready to go.
tension83
Grafter

I would appreciate a reply. You have billed me for a service I am not receiving.  I am extremely unhappy.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry for the delay.
As I mentioned in my previous response, your broadband order is with our suppliers and we are not in a position to be able to get the activation date brought forward, if I could have done this for you, I would certainly have done that for you this morning.
We have billed you for a month, in advance, as we would do for any new customer. Your first month broadband will not take effect until your broadband order has completed, this is due by the end of the day on 04/11/2013.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I do believe it can be done within 24 hours (Fastest Activation) but BT charged this fee. Can't remember how much is it.
Fast Track Broadband Activations
This feature is available on all BT Wholesale based ADSL and FTTC products for new activations. When placing the order a tick box is available allowing you to select a fast track activation. By requesting a fast track BT Wholesale aim to deliver the circuit quicker than they otherwise would.
There are no fixed time scales they must meet, but in the event that they fail to deliver the service any quicker than they otherwise would have done, the fast track cost can be disputed.
Typically we would expect to see ADSL fast tracks complete within 24 hours, and FTTC orders really do vary depending on available resource locally to deliver, but this can be as quick as 24 hours. Before a fast track order can be processed with BT Wholesale we need the order to reach a ‘committed’ stage before they will accept such a request.
These aren’t cheap, but if the situation or client demands it, this option is now easily available to you.
https://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Broadband_Fast_Track_Request/index.htm
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The issue is that even fast track activations may not be that quick if there is a sudden influx of faults to be dealt with which will take priority. Typically this follows bad weather - now what happened last night?
If you have a confirmed date I'd be inclined to sit tight in case a new date ends up being even further away.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tension83
Grafter

I see no reason why they can't do this for me.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fast Tracks can be done, but does come at a cost of £127.55
We can offer you this option, however, the full cost of the expedite would be required, as this is a cost that is levied by our suppliers which would need to be passed on.
tension83
Grafter

Since I have been misled, I believe the onus is on you to put things right.
You should incur the cost.
zubel
Community Veteran

Heh, no.
tension83
Grafter

Excuse me?
Can't believe your attitude.  I expected more maturity.
dick:quote
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Chris,
I suggest that this is an issue of expectation management, both for this customer in particular and users in general.  Either simultaneous provides can be ordered or they cannot.  One has of recent times seen conflicting statements on this within these forums.  It does not seem unreasonable to expect that the provision of POTS and BB can be done simultaneously - if PN's suppliers cannot provide such with assurance, it might be better not to set that expectation with customers.
I suggest that this is a business critical issue for PN, especially in the circumstances of a user transferring from another communication provider to PN, especially where the existing provider requires the subscriber to have the POTS service with them in order to have their  broadband service.  If the POTS provide is done but not the BB provide, the customer will be left with no BB service.  People understandably expect a seamless transfer of both services if that is what they have ordered.
Yet again, BTOR actions (or failure to act)  leave PN in 'poor light' in the eyes of your customers.  What is being done about the overall issues as opposed to the spot issue fixes such as this one?

Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Quote from: tension83
Since I have been misled, I believe the onus is on you to put things right.
You should incur the cost.

I agree u should. Complaint to plusnet manager.
tension83
Grafter

Hopefully I get a satisfactory response tomorrow,  and I wont need to pursue this further.