cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband light flashing no internet

Chloe3223

Broadband light flashing no internet

Good evening,

I’ve been at a conference since Tuesday and come home to the broadband light flashing and the internet light off. I have rest the router, checked all wires, turned it on and off for 5mins and still no change. Please can someone look into this for me?

All the best

Chloe
13 REPLIES 13
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband light flashing no internet

Hi @Chloe3223 and  welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having connection issues and when checking your connection something definitely seems out of place somewhere as we haven't seen any form of connection since Friday afternoon as shown on the graph below.
image1532772151617
The broadband tests I've ran also don't hint as to what's behind the loss of connection however when testing your line we got the following back:

Test Result: Fail - Fault located at customer apparatus
Description: LOOP CONDITION DETECTED (UNPLUG ALL END USER EQUIP and RE-TEST)

It's identifying then that the problem could be caused by something internal and the next step from here is to rule a few things out before going down the route of getting a engineer out to investigate further.

The internal check which would best tell us if we need an engineer to come investigate would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the face plate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

(Given the type of issue detected it may also be worth ruling out the phone when seeing if the broadband re-connects as this could be the cause also.)

Let us know how it goes as this will determine the next step in getting this resolved for you.

Chloe3223

Hello,

Many thanks for info and getting back to me. I have tried your suggestions and still have no connection. If everything seems okay your end, could it be a faulty router problem in this case?

Best wishes

Chloe
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Chole,
Do you have a landline phone available and if possible to test that? That’ll confirm whether your line is completely down, or just a broadband issue.
Chloe3223

Hello!

I tried this, but didn’t have a dial tone and couldn’t call? However wasn’t sure if this was th phone playing up as don’t have use the landline or usually have it plugged in.

Thanks

Chloe
Alex
Community Veteran

Best thing you can do, is do disconnect everything from any sockets other than the master one (usually near your front door).

If you have another landline phone available and prepared to spend the money (around £5-£6) worth checking another device.

Sounds like you have a fault with your landline affecting your BB, when I had mine, I put my number into here:

I would go here first, and use your phone number to report a fault.

When it happened to me, it failed and automatically called an enginner out. I had quite a lot of noise on the line. I still tried 17070 option 2 and could still hear it.

The fact you hear nothing could be a faulty socket, device or your line is down ourside your premsis.

Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

A loop fault is effectively a fancy way of saying a short circuit, often taking out all the service. Truth is the absolute best way of getting this tested is to disconnect everything right down to the test socket, by removing the faceplate and getting onto tech support to re-run the line test. If the same fault is visible then it's external and an engineer job. If not then some part of the internal set up, and you basically build back up piece by piece until you find the fault again.

Based on the fact that they're closed at the minute the closest you can do without the test is to get a known working phone. Plug that in to the test socket with nothing else connected and check for dial tone. If that doesnt work then it's external. If it does, again build back up piece by piece until the dial tone disappears and you'll have found the offending item.
Chloe3223

Hi all,

Thanks for your suggestions! I have tried building this back up piece by piece, and tried two different phones, however getting no dial tone/can’t dial out. Is an engineer therefore needed?

Best wishes

Chloe
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

If you've tried both phones on they're own in the test socket and neither has worked then more than likely that's a yes, it's going to need an engineer.
Alex
Community Veteran

Yes, just to basically repeat what @Kdog has said it looks like that is the case.

Did you try the landline checker link? For me that failed and automatically called an engineer out.

Worked quite well I must admit and I didn't have to call anyone. Of course if not I would by something else such as a mobile of course.

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Chloe3223

I have raised this for you from our side. It is currently with Openreach at the moment as an external issue and we expect a response within 48 working hours. Please let us know if you haven't heard anything or seen a return to normal service by Tuesday.

Chloe3223

Hi Dean - I still have no internet. Can you please update? 

Best wishes

Chloe

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Chloe3223,

I would like to call and discuss it with you as our suppliers have advised they would need to send an engineer to your premises as they are unable to locate a fault externally.

I would be happy to call you today until Sunday between 11:30 to 20:00, please can you get back to me with the best time to reach you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Chloe3223

Thanks for info - tomorrow between 9.30-11.30 is convenient or Sunday 12-2. Best wishes