cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband light flashing - internet light off

paulwright39
Dabbler

Broadband light flashing - internet light off

Hi there, Plusnet please help,  my connection today has stopped (for know  I've managed to connect via my iphone 3G network.)  The broadband light sometimes flashes with the Internet light off. 
Sometimes connection comes back, but this time still not working.
Please plusnet can someone look into this?
thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Broadband light flashing - internet light off

Hi paulwright39,
I've just replied to you as per the below link:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,119515.msg1035982.html#msg1035982
paulwright39
Dabbler

Hi Chris, can I request a new router from you ?     
"Try using a different router
If you're using one of our routers, we'll send you a free replacement if it's less than a year old. Please contact our Support Team to arrange this."

many thanks
Paul
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Paul,
I've just looked at your line and can see that some of the settings stored by our suppliers may be the cause for the constant drops in connection. I'm just going to try and change these to give the line more stability.
You should start to see a difference in around 30 minutes. I don't think it's the router at fault after looking at your connection.
paulwright39
Dabbler

ok thanks, hopefully service will improve ?
Also getting Plusnet assist saying awaiting broadband activation ?
thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It should do, it should improve the quality and stability of your connection.
Your broadband has already been activated. It might be worth clicking the 'My Broadband is Active' link in the bottom left of that screen.
paulwright39
Dabbler

Hello again, today @ 10.20am on the 30th Oct 2013 the broadband light is flashing and the internet light is off again.  This has been ongoing for some time.
I appreciate the tech support department is  busy dealing with faults but can this problem be resolved properly ?   
The fault with the service makes it unsuable, and this now happens regularly, does this affect any terms in the contract I have with Plusnet?  Could I cancel the contract early without incurring cancellation fee based on the intermittent service?
Thanks for your help.

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you are continuing to have problems with your connection, it's worth following the Broadband Fault Checker through at http://faults.plus.net - I can see you've started this, so it looks as though it just needs completing for our Faults Team to investigate the problem for you.
Unfortunately faults can happen from time to time and can be outside of yours and our control. We will do everything we can to get the service working as we would expect as quickly as we possibly can for you.
paulwright39
Dabbler

HI Chris, please can you post me another router as my router is under a year old, then I can complete the fault checker.
"Try using a different router
If you're using one of our routers, we'll send you a free replacement if it's less than a year old. Please contact our Support Team to arrange this."

thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's unlikely that the router will be at fault if I'm honest. Our Faults Team will be able to run checks on your line in the first instance which should give them inclination on where they believe the fault to be - if they find that the router is the likely cause of the fault, they'll certainly send out a replacement though.
paulwright39
Dabbler

ok thanks,