cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps resetting

Ptaylor

Broadband keeps resetting

I have only been with plusnet for a couple of months but every week or so my broadband goes off. Customer services tell me that a noise level setting which should be around 6 is incorrectly set to 2. Customer services reset this back to 6 but after a few days internet goes off i call customer services and they tell me its gone back to 2 again. This has happened 5 times now. I have asked for it to be fixed at 6 but every time my case is closed stating the connection is OK, yes it is OK but some automatic process sets it back to 2 again after a few days.... please help getting this sorted a customer services are not interested once its working, they dont seem to understand it will go iff again... one guy even said hiw do you know it will go off you cant see into the future... well after 5 times i can guess it will
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Broadband keeps resetting

Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection issues.

I've emailed BT to hard set the SNR target at 6dB however this doesn't mean it'll be pinned. From the conversations I've had with BT previously, there's not really any such thing as pinning an SNR target, so it may still drop down.

However I've also placed an order to modify the DLM(Dynamic Line Management) threshold which DLM uses to make its decisions when it moves the SNR target up and down. This should in theory lock your SNR target to a minimum of 6dB.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ptaylor

Thanks I'll keep an eye on it and post an update in a few days...
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem, fingers crossed that does the trick.

Let us know how things go.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet