cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps on dropping out

karinem

Broadband keeps on dropping out

Starting yesterday my broadband keeps dropping out, seemingly randomly.  Sometimes 6 or more times in 30 min.

From the number of posts, I can see that this is pretty common.  Please supply a fix asap

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Broadband keeps on dropping out

Hi @karinem

Thanks for getting in touch - I've taken a look at your connection and with the exception of one drop this morning, your connection has been stable.

I'd initially recommend taking a look at the wifi troubleshooting/advice here. If this doesn't help, or you find that the drops occur via a wired, ethernet connection, please let us know.

Best wishes

Dave

karinem

Hi Randall

thank you for the reply but you are wrong

a fault has been found. See 

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=196943227

kind regards

Karine

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@karinem,

That ticket was raised because the line was banded to:

0.128M-16.5M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Retransmission Low

As it stands that 'fault' is closed as resolved because the reset that was put through two days ago is now:

Downstream: 0.128M-40M with Retransmission (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-10M with no error protection

These are the drops showing on the line (these are sync drops at the exchange):

Two of these drops (one on 9th at midday and one on the 12th at half 4) are admin resets that normally occur when the exchange has either had an issue and a force stop/start is put through after remedial fixes. The other two drops have no particular reasoning that we're able to see, but two drops in a 30 day period is not a fault. 

You've noted that it's often dropping 6 times in a 30 minute period, which leads us to assume that the problem you're experiencing could very well be wireless related. Would it be possible to please follow the wireless troubleshooting we've requested, please?

karinem

Hi Jolo

indeed, this was resolved this morning, 4 days after I reported the issue  

thank you for the explanations    It might show only 2 Drops at the exchange but The exchange is rather far from my house and I can assure had over 100 drops since Monday    

i was not on wireless, but wired, so the fault was outside my premises. 

Kind regards

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for the update, @karinem.

We're glad to hear that the issue is now resolved for you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

karinem

Hi

After a good Friday and weekend wrt to this issue, the drops started again this morning and they have been continuing despite switching to the test socket

This afternoon though, I unplugged the laptop I am mainly working with from the powerline and, since it has been on wifi, it has not dropped

So, it looks like it could be due to the powerline.  This is however odd as it was fine on Friday, after the banding had been removed, and it had been fine until 9 December (which is when the issue started).  Do you have any explanation for this?!

Thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @karinem,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm glad to hear it's been resolved for you, it can happen for any number of reasons. 

Do let us know if you have any further drops.

Thanks.