cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps going down

Clibot

Broadband keeps going down

My broadband has a nasty habit of going down a lot, sometimes 20 times or more per day. I was wondering if there is a problem with the line? If someone could help me find the cause i would very much appreciate it. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband keeps going down

Welcome to the forums @Clibot. Certainly sounds like you have problem I'd see what you can do to help us help you. Looking  here might help.

John
SimonBRM

My internet drops constantly throughout the day, on average at least once an hour. It doesn’t stay down for long maybe 60 seconds a time. It’s been doing this for weeks. Getting a bit annoying now. Any ideas? Thanks 

niallcampbell
Grafter

I have contacted recently as fed up and was told it was 'healthy' to drop off sometimes? Not sure how this makes sense.

SimonBRM

Cheers Niall, that’s the easy answer from plusnet I guess. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Clibot Welcome to the forum. I can see that you are experiencing multiple drops in your connection however testing isn't detecting the cause of this. Could you go through our troubleshooting. If the issue persists you can raise the fault here and we will investigate further.

@SimonBRM the connection on this end looks to be stable, are you using a Wired or Wireless connection when you notice the drops? 

image15153324138333

Hi @niallcampbell, it is normal for your connection to drop sometimes, however if a connection is dropping more than 3 times a day (on a frequent basis) then we would investigate a dropping connection.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team