cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping

Natalierichie

Broadband keeps dropping

So... my bb was activated on Wednesday... last night on a call with my partner and it kept cutting out.. reconnecting and then nothing for at least an hour... it's driving me mad I've checked sockets turned router on and off and it's only me using the Internet (unless my 2 & 3 year old son have devices I'm unaware of lol) what's going on?? It's driving me nuts
10 REPLIES 10
rennyp

Re: Broadband keeps dropping

Hi, I am having the same issue. My broadband was activated on wednesday and it is painfully slow/keeps dropping out. Even normal websites like hotmail take forever to load and its really impossible to work on it as emails don't send. Is this normal?

Natalierichie

Still having the same problem... I'm getting really annoyed 😠
helia

I've been having the same problem of Broadband connection dropping - happens now almost daily and have to reset with black button.  Why can't PlusNet fizx this!

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@helia

Your line isn't disconnecting much that we can see, are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Why can't PlusNet fizx this!

Checking your account you haven't reported this to us?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@Natalierichie

I can see you spoke to one of my colleagues, is the issue with the phone service? Is there any noise, crackles or hissing on the line?

@rennyp

one of my colleagues made some changes to try and improve your line, how's it performing now?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Natalierichie

It's still a bad line constant interference and my broadband cuts out all the time... even msgs on what's app can take 4-5 minutes to go through... I've tried everything
Natalierichie

I attempted to call numerous times but couldn't hear anything because of the constant interference on the phone line... AND the amount of time I was on hold 🙈
Chris
Legend

I can see an engineer is booked for Wednesday to investigate and resolve the issue, let us know how it goes.

Natalierichie

It was a problem at the exchange... wires needed replacing and a fuse needed replacing also
Chris
Legend

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know, glad to hear the issue was found.