cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping

lizxstrachan

Broadband keeps dropping

Could someone at PlusNet please look into this.
My broadband keeps dropping, I get site not found errors or cannot connect to site. I have rebooted the router.

Microsoft "Fix connectivity" says configuration is correct but that the website (google.co.uk in this case is not responding). I tried www.bbc.co.uk and I get the router login page.
This happened through the week also but it started to work again on its own. Today the Broadband and Internet lights were green then they go to green flashing then Red and repeat round. My son thinks it's a fault at the exchange or maybe with PlusNet?
7 REPLIES 7
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Broadband keeps dropping

Mine keeps dropping too this morning. No doubt DLM will be stepping in soon to raise my ds TSNR 😞 I was trying to do something but think I'll give up for now as I keep loosing my place with each drop 😕 Are there problems this morning PlusNet's end?
southerner
Aspiring Pro

Sorry to bleat on but I wonder what happened here. It seems only me and the OP were affected by this. Are we maybe both on the same exchange and the OR engineers there decided to have a game of 5-a-side against our DSLAM rack this morning? 🙂 Thankfully no more drops/reconnects this end since this morning.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@lizxstrachan
Your line was disconnecting a log, but seems to have stablised since Saturday afternoon. I'd suggest that if you're having any further connection problems you should go through our faults checker at https://faults.plus.net

@woodm
Very very unlikely to be related to lizxstrachan's fault.
Your line has been dropping, Friday had the most that we can see. I see you've updated your ticket, I'll give Tony a nudge.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
southerner
Aspiring Pro

My DSL's been up for the last 27hrs Chris. Mind you I guess I shouldn't say that else it will drop again 🙂
lizxstrachan

Hi Chris,
Thanks, any chance you can do the graph for the last week since Sunday morning please.?
Much appreciated.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Not many drops, there was a long disconnection showing this morning though.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lizxstrachan

Thanks Chris, I'm monitoring this on my mothers behalf.