cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping off

annew

Broadband keeps dropping off

Hi all

My broadband connection keeps dropping off since I moved to the faster version. It was always a bit of a problem before, but now it is major. I've been working at home this morning at it has been more off than on. When it goes off the blue line is replaced by a blinking then steady red one and a red icon appears. However the phone dial tone is still working and all devices indicate that wifi is working at full strength. Please could you check it out for me.

Thanks

5 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 111

Re: Broadband keeps dropping off

Sorry to hear you've had issues.

I can see the connection was dropping earlier but it appears to be stable now.

Let us know if it starts again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
annew

I've continued to have intermittent problems with this issue, but now I'm trying to watch something on iPlayer and it's so far dropped off twice with me having to wait for it to come back on. This is really annoying. Sometime it even drops off when the router is showing blue as well as when it's showing red with the bb icon. Could you please tell me why this is happening rather than just telling me what I know already, which is that it is happening.

Thanks

annew

NB the phone line is still working even when it BB drops off.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 212

My tests are identifying a possible fault. If you've done the checks here please can you report the fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so that we can arrange an engineer to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
annew

Thanks will give it a try. Last night it was fine while streaming a TV programme, it's just every so often it starts to happen.