cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping multiple times

mardor

Broadband keeps dropping multiple times

I'm new to PlusNet but have been having trouble for a couple of weeks with my broadband dropping many times a day. This has happened since OpenReach changed the telegraph pole at the back of my house. I've phoned up PlusNet a few times but they don't seem to believe it is anything to do with the pole. Openreach came to my house a few days ago and declared it was the wiring in my house and changed it as well as the master plate. This has not fixed the problem and I phoned again, they told me to switch channels to help, but this has made it worse. I got a text this morning saying they were closing the ticket, but it's still not resolved. What do I do, help?
3 REPLIES 3
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Broadband keeps dropping multiple times

@mardor

Welcome to the forums! 

I'm sorry you've been having problems with your service. I just had a quick look at your account to check what's happened and can see the connection has been dropping a large amount. Thankfully a fault was raised on the 17th. This was the Openreach engineer that came a few days ago, as they've put notes about replacing the NTE. Currently that fault is in awaiting appointment. I think it's best if we go down that route to be honest. I'll send the above ticket back if you want to reply with availability for a visit (they'll need access to the premises) and if you can view that and reply on here letting us know when's best I'll get it booked in for you with some specific notes.

To address some of the the other things; the email you received yesterday is for a support team survey and it notes on there that the ticket will be closed in 11 days time. All of tickets have a 14 day close time, this means if there are no updates or touches it will automatically close as if the issue is resolved. In this case until the fault is resolved it will remain open, apologies if that's caused any confusion.

Being told to change the wireless channels is unacceptable though, as it would have made absolutely no difference in your situation, especially as the connection is dropping so frequently and you already had a fault ticket open on your service. I'm sorry that happened, I'll feedback about that agent.

mardor

I'm having to use data to reply as the drops are getting worse.
I'll be in the rest of the week except Wednesday morning if an engineer can visit.

I'm not really sure what you mean about tickets and surveys as I don't know your procedures. I was just hoping that it's still being looked at and the engineer will come and check the pole!!
It's not your fault but I have been having trouble with the internet/phone line since April, where I went an entire month without any service. This was the reason I moved to Plusnet from Talk talk.
I'll be most grateful if someone could just fix the fault.

Thanks

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @mardor

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm afraid we can only accept your availability for an engineer via the ticket which has been raised on your account, rather than through our community forum.

If you click the link below it will take you to a login screen - log in with your username and password and you'll be given the opportunity to read and respond to the ticket that my colleague has created for you.

CLICK HERE.

Best wishes,

Dave