cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping - Appauling service

Sidimo

Broadband keeps dropping - Appauling service

Been having an issue for over a month, where my broadband / router resets itself when a phone call comes in or is taken.

Have had support staff looking at the issue for this long with no resolve, no feedback as to what is going on. I have to keep chasing!

They fob me off saying an engineer will come but nothing happens. I call the support line after holding for 50mins plus (regular waiting times now) and the same thing again, "we'll test the line and call an engineer out!". Tried everything locally to eliminate my equipment/telephone, still no resolve! Getting extremely fed up now and looking to switch, this is the only language plusnet can understand.!

Has anyone had similar issues?

4 REPLIES 4
OwldChap
Grafter

Re: Broadband keeps dropping - Appauling service

In my experience you will find PusNet not living up to their slogan of being "Straightforward And Honest".

Plusnet eluding questions leaving them unanswered it does not matter how often you ask no answer.

Probably the most deplorable quality of service available at any ISP In my experience.

I had problems from the very start.

Given false information about retention of telephone number, so lost my telephone.

"Engineer connected up incorrectly at the street cabinet" that explanation from the engineer that corrected that connection problem at the street cabinet, that took another one half days after the original date given for connection.

Another fault been dragging on for weeks now. Openreach have no resolution to the fault, broadband drops connection when you use the phone. Last appointment engineer did not even bother to attend at the property as arranged in the appointment.

I hope your problem is resolve quickly and engineer turns up when they say.

The very best of Luck.

I May Old But I’m No Fool (Except For Moving Here)
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Sidmo,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sincerely sorry to hear you are experiencing connection problems. So that we can best assess where to go from here please can you advise that you have carried out the following;

• Tried the connection in your test socket with a new microfilter.
  • Tried the connection without any landline plugged in to see if the connection stabilises.

Please let us know the results and we will progress the issue further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Sidimo

Well I have to say this is just the typical appauling service we have been discussing about. I appreciate you might not know the full details of the terrible service and response I have experienced with plusnet, but the same questions you have asked, are asked each and everyt ime I call in to plusnet which by the way is my 8th call since I originally logged this fault.My answers are always the same, yes I have tested everything from my side numerous amounts of time.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Sidimo,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I would suggest that the next step in this process would be to send an engineer to your premises to investigate this further. If you could respond to my update on your open fault ticket here and let me know when you've done so, that would be appreciated.

Best wishes

Dave