cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband issues

Flatlands
Hooked

Broadband issues

I joined Plusnet a few weeks ago. I had a faultless 18 months with BT but unacceptable price increase forced me to join Plusnet. After being activated I unplugged BT's router and plugged the Plusnet one in and have had nothing but problems since. If I'm lucky it'll be on for a few days then off. Usually evenings are the worse times after 9.30pm. I've rung Plusnet and they said it was due to signal noise matching?? They reset it and it was fine for a few days. Then it dropped out and they then said it was line training?? They reset it again and it went off again a few days later and said they would contact an engineer. They didn't know if an engineer had looked at it due to an error on there system but it was ok for a few more days then went off again. I can sympathise that we are all in an awful situation but someone who is working from home for Plusnet could contact customers with faults and help in keeping people connected in a time where it's never been so important. I might even be lucky that someone working for Plusnet might read this thread! I'm still waiting for some contact from Plusnet. They also said that it will take some time for the line to settle down and drop outs are normal! Has anyone else experienced this when originally joining? I'm very disappointed as BTs service was rock solid and there's no reason for Plusnet not to be the same