cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband is painfully slow

James_froud

Broadband is painfully slow

Download speed = 0.07 Upload Speed = 0.06, it has been like this since an engineer repaired a fault in the external green cabinet on Wednesday. Have been trying to call plusnet for days but cannot get through. Somebody please help me! Anyone! Please! I'm desperate!!!
5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broadband is painfully slow

Bookworms
Grafter

Apologies for barging in, but my BB connection has also been very intermittent the last few days.

I note Plusnet appear to have some issues with latency and 'MBORC' as well as system maintenance at the moment. Many users seems to be reporting similar problems.

Before opening a ticket, I'd like to know if this is a general problem affecting many users and is it better to wait a day or two to see if it gets sorted at Plusnet's end first?

(This is my first post on the new forum platform - it took me ages to re-register)

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@James_froud

Unfortunately I can't locate your account, can you PM me your username please and I'll take a look. Please send me a private message

@Bookworms If your connection is dropping a lot, this is not anything to do with latency, or MBORC (MBORC doesn't cause faults, it's there to advise of a potential delay in rectifying them). If you haven't done so yet I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@James_froud

Thanks for the PM.

Looking at your line, something happened between roughly the 16th and 20th of this month, causing a large number of disconnections (up to 130 in a day on the 19th) and this has made the SNR margin increase.

I'm going to reset the line as it's much more stable now and this should help improve the speeds.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Bookworms
Grafter

It's not so much that the line is dropping as having issues connecting to some sites, especially those based in the USA.

I had a lot of problems with REIN a year or two ago but I'm pretty sure that sorted itself out (no thanks to Openreach).

I suppose I might have to fire up routerstats again.

I won't hijack this thread any longer - I was mostly curious to know if there is a general thread that highlights Plusnet-wide problems.