cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband is dreadful!!!

Jhopkins1993

Broadband is dreadful!!!

I cannot even use the connection I signed up to plusnet because they said its unlimited broadband doesn't feel like it's unlimited to me I can't even use it at all dreadfully slow 3/4 of the time not everyone can use it at once my bill keeps going higher each and every month and I don't believe I'm getting my money worth out of the connection at all
I use the connection on PlayStation 4 cannot even use that it's that slow
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Broadband is dreadful!!!

Hi Jhopkins1993,
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. The Unlimited element of the package refers to usage, but we do try our best to provide the best speeds possible for you. What sort of speeds are you seeing on http://speedtest.btwholesale.com?
Are you testing with an Ethernet Cable connected?
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Broadband is dreadful!!!

Ok, there's not much information to go on there. Have a look at this item and post some stats. Also, unlimited and increasing costs are mutually exclusive wrt broadband, so what does this page give under "my account and payment.../service (login required).
How are your systems connecting, wired or wireless? Remember, wireless capacity is shared, so 5 "busy" users get one fifth of the nominal data rate (which is less than the headline rate due to protocol overheads and mutual interference). Wired connections, on the other hand, have protocol overheads but are independent full duplex links (ie can all transmit and receive at the same time). However, all connections have to go through the same "pipe" to the exchange Sad
Phil
Edit: spelling correction(s)
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.