Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband intermittent

jamesl182d
Dabbler

Broadband intermittent

Hi there,

Our boradband has gone intermittent again.

We've had no problems for about a year but it took us a long time to get the speeds we're paying for without it cutting out, last time we had this issue. Currently, it's likely to go offline at least once an hour for a few minutes. If someone could take a look that'd be good.

James 

8 REPLIES 8
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Broadband intermittent

Hello. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection problems. I'll be happy to take a look at your account tomorrow morning for you when I'm back in the office. In the meantime, please could you run through the steps in our broadband trouble shooter at http://faults.plus.net to see if it helps resolve the problem?

(I'd also suggest running a line test yourself at https://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter/ just to make sure there are no issues with the line itself)

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Welshdragon
Rising Star

Hi Anoush, this is what I see, upon clicking the link you provided.....

screenshot_1375.jpg

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hmm, I've managed to replicate that issue if I click on it whilst not logged in to the Member Centre. Can you try logging in first (if you haven't already)?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Welshdragon
Rising Star

Ahhhh, it needed me to be logged in first....

But......Something has gone wrong screenshot_1377.jpg.....

My choices were Other & inputed, some incoming calls, knock my broadband off.....

Save

jamesl182d
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush,

I filled out the form thingy as best I could but we don't have a phone so it's hard to give a proper answer to any of it without replacing all our hardware. Last time it was resolvable by Plusnet adjusting our bandwidth.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem and thanks, James. It's possible that we can just do that again, I'll pick up your ticket tomorrow morning.

@Welshdragon wrote:

Ahhhh, it needed me to be logged in first....

But......Something has gone wrong screenshot_1377.jpg.....

My choices were Other & inputed, some incoming calls, knock my broadband off.....

@Welshdragon I have seen that message before. In a previous instance, the phone trouble shooter found a fault, opened a ticket on the account, and raised the issue to Openreach. Can you check for any open tickets at https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search If there isn't a relevant ticket I'll look into your account tomorrow morning also.

Welshdragon
Rising Star

Hi Anoush

I will start a new thread titled Workplace profile was mismatched and has been updated

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

xDSL Status Test Summary
Sync Status: Circuit In Sync
General Information
NTE Status:   NTE Power Status: PowerOn Bypass Status:  

Upstream DSL Link Information Downstream DSL Link Information
Loop Loss: 12.6 25.0
SNR Margin: 14.5 12.1
Errored Seconds: 0 2
HEC Errors: 0  
Cell Count: 424 1431
Speed: 472 13547

image14682235994514

@jamesl182d Thanks for your patience. Your connection is quite intermittent and the SNR margin has risen too high in an effort to stabilise it. From looking at your fault notes, the issue appears to either be your router or the line outside. We would need to arrange an engineer appointment, however if the fault is the router there may be a possible callout charge.

If you would like to try a different one first we can look into providing you a replacement on a new contract/perhaps a better deal than what you are currently paying if you call our customer options team on 0800 013 2632. Alternatively, if you would like to proceed with an engineer please could you complete the broadband troubleshooter?