cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband has been intermittent the past few days.

Cybrin

Broadband has been intermittent the past few days.

Hi all.

I read a similar thread to mine, from another Lowestoftian, posted two days ago so I'm thinking I'm not the only one.

Our internet has been intermittent the past few days and I have taken care to follow the guide, tested the line at the test socket, the splitter, the cable to the router, and swapped the router but the only thing that seemed to make a difference was waiting and the broadband functioned randomly.

This morning our internet went down completely and I did the same, checked the possibles but it remained off and only came back on again a couple of hours later.

Now I do everything through our broadband, including looking up powerful new routers, just in case the fault was with our routers (of which we have 2, same make, no problems thus far), one of which is currently working right now.

This makes me think the problem is with my I.S.P.

Has anyone else had any problems over the past few days?

Also, could any moderator please leave this post open so that people can reply, as I had a frustrating time trying to find the 'reply' button on another post, and yes, I did go through the help page.

Thanks all,

Cybrin.

4 REPLIES 4
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Broadband has been intermittent the past few days.

Hi @Cybrin,

I'm sorry that your broadband has been intermittent and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. I can see from your connection log that there were several drops on Sunday morning and then a longer drop this morning:

Unfortunately, testing your line from this side isn't picking up the cause of this problem but it does indicate that your line is currently banded to 49mbps.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 48.9 Mbps
Upstream Speed 13.8 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 554.0
Upstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence ; 00:00 to 23:45
Interference Location Customer Premise
Interference Observed In Days 6
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-10-11T14:45:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 49.0 Mbps 49.0 Mbps 49.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 12.8 Mbps 14.2 Mbps 13.6 Mbps
Up Time 0.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 878.8 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-10-24T13:10:43Z 2018-10-24T13:25:43Z
Ingress Code Violation 2 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0

It sounds like you've checked most things on your side but please have a look at our troubleshooting guide here to see if there's anything that you've missed. If the troubleshooting steps don't resolve the issue, please report it here and let us know when you've completed it - we'll then be able to progress things further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Cybrin

Hi EmilyD!

Firstly, thank you for investigating this for me, as I said before, it seems to be intermittent and on the last occasion it stopped altogether.

Since the incident I haven't experienced any slowdown or stoppages (that I know of) and that indicates to me that the problem isn't my end, but next month I will be purchasing a high end router with technical support and extended guarantee, just in case and if this clears the problem up, I will gladly report on this site to your good selves.

I also note that as it is half term there will be a lot more people (schoolkids) on the web right now, but I also note that this would generally speaking affect popular sites rather than the whole web.

There has recently been another virus attack, an emailer designed to destroy data and I was curious to see if you guys have been affected and glad to say I have not. I'm hoping you haven't and I think if you had, it would affect your systems.

Lastly, if none of the above is the cause, do you think I've been a victim of DNS denial and/or malicious hacks?

Kind regards,

Cybrin.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for getting back to us and do keep us posted. 

It wouldn't be appropriate for us to discuss anything to do with the security of our systems or internal network but rest assured anything of that nature wouldn't have a direct impact on our level of service to our customers. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@adamwalker wrote: ... rest assured anything of that nature wouldn't have a direct impact on our level of service to our customers. 

It takes a new billing system to do that! Wink