cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband getting slower after contract renewal.

Grainfoot
Dabbler

Broadband getting slower after contract renewal.

Had a broadband speed of about 5mbps constant and stable for 12 months with plusnet. Recently renewed contract and speed dropped to less than 3mbps which affects humax  freview play box. 

Contacted customer support something was reset and speed went back up to 5mbps for a while. Now it has dropped again to 3mbps but it seems very erratic, sometimes faster sometimes slower. 

Have tried a reset but does not seem to make any difference. Is there anything else I can do?

6 REPLIES 6
Grainfoot
Dabbler

Re: Broadband getting slower after contract renewal.

Down to 1mbps this morning for a while and now back up to 4.3mbps. It looks like the same problem I hadI before I moved from my last provider. 

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is connected through to the exchange at 6048, so that's not the cause of the issue.

The line is showing some errors, can you confirm if the phone line is clear when you plug a handset in and dial 17070 running the quiet line test?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Grainfoot
Dabbler

Thanks Chris

Just run quiet  line test and that seems fine.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

When it next goes slow can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Grainfoot
Dabbler

Will have difficulty doing that as all devices are wireless iPads upstairs tower etc. I have always ru tests using ookla which keeps records going back a long way if any use.

Grainfoot
Dabbler

Well at the moment speed is back up to just over 5mbps and has been since yesterday evening. Will be good if it stays at that speed.