Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband getting even slower but still above estimate

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband getting even slower but still above estimate

Sorry to hear that, however (and I know you won't like me saying this) you're still *above* the estimate we gave you before signing up so we're providing a higher speed than you thought you'd be getting when you signed up with us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jscutts
Dabbler

Quote from: Chris
Sorry to hear that, however (and I know you won't like me saying this) you're still *above* the estimate we gave you before signing up so we're providing a higher speed than you thought you'd be getting when you signed up with us.

But it was just an estimate which you make as clear as possible to cover yourselves incase it turns out slower. An estimate by definition is an approximate calculation or judgement and IS NOT as you seem to be using it 'a maximum'. This seems to be a very common misconception by people employed by broadband companies.
Since my neighbours are still recieving 70+mb fibre it would suggest there is indeed a problem with my line but as you seem to be governed by Openreach rather than common sense you refuse to do anything about it.
jscutts
Dabbler

Can someone please respond to the complaint I made on Tuesday 23rd July which is overdue a response from you according to your own complaints policy (5 working days).
This is the second time I have had to post on a public forum to get a response back from yourselves.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ jscutts
Apologies that we've not been able to reply to your ticket yet. That needs to be done by our complaints team who will respond in due course.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team