cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband future?

suesykes
Grafter

Re: Broadband future?

I used to use a popular Canadian site about 3 years ago... They all seemed to have BB then.
Alas the site has shut down now, but I reckon Canada is still there!!!
Firejack
Grafter

Quote from: Liam
If you're remote, you can probably multiply those figures by 50 to get to a more realistic current price.
Sad but true. At least if you were talking for a single install. However I live in an average suburb of a typical England city.  There are 2 other people on my road that I know would want FTTH. I'm sure there are others but I don't personally know them to ask. Mulltiple installs would greatly reduce the cost.
What I would really like to see is somewhere on the Internet a website to register my interest for FTTH.  Much like we did when ADSL was being rolled out. Or even just a plain ordinary survey to gather numbers on those interested so ISP's like Plusnet can start planning where they should offer High Speed Internet.
Guess I'm just after something to say ISP's are listening to customer demands for more speed.
Firejack
Grafter

Just so happens to be a new article about this on the BBC website.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7112373.stm
BT - Britain's biggest broadband provider - has already warned that it may struggle to pay for an ultra-fast network.
I'd love to know where all the money Plusnet is paying BTwholesale from our Internet subscriptions is going. I mean once the networks hardware and cables are installed. There is no huge costs like you'd find running a gas power station were vast amounts of resources are being consumed to feed the network.