cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband fault

riccardob
Grafter

Broadband fault

Hi, I am writing on behalf of my elderly mother. Broadband stopped working yesterday morning. She rang the technical helpline and was told a new router would be sent out. She isn't sure whether a line check was carried out at all during the call at plusnet end and looking at the questions and service answers on her account it is not clear if a line test was carried at all.

The last thing she needs is the modem turning up and the fault being at the exchange or plusnet end fuerht delaying things. I'd be grateful if a supervisor on these forums could check the status of this fault to ascertain if the correct procedures were carried out when she rang, basically was a line test carried out?.

Her username is [removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Username removed from a public forum.

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Broadband fault

Hi there,

Sorry to hear your mother is unable to connect to the internet.

I've tested her line and I'm not identifying any issues. In fact, there's an active connection. A bit choppy on Tuesday afternoon, possibly caused by any troubleshooting steps that were carried out.

I'm not actually entirely sure what troubleshooting steps were carried out, because the notes the agent left on the account pretty much just indicate that a new router was dispatched.

Does she connect to the router wirelessly or use a wired connection? If it's the former, any chance of trying a wired connection? Also, is she unable to connect using more than 1 device?

(Just a heads up, I've performed a copper line test, but it was unable to fully complete because it appears a call is in progress on the line at the time. This test may have caused a call to drop, if the phone was in use)

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
riccardob
Grafter

Hi, Everything she has is wired. I will try to connect the new modem tomorrow and see if that was the problem. Can you guys assure me you have done all the necessary checks at your end? Regards
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @riccardob,

Everything seems fine from our side, as Anoush advised there is an ongoing connection and no problems flagging up from testing.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet