cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband fault and now NO broadband. I NEED OPENREACH PLEASE . Help!

darcy
Grafter

Broadband fault and now NO broadband. I NEED OPENREACH PLEASE . Help!

I have an open question on my account about my broadband fault which has been intermittent. Now I have NO broadband at all.
What is it going to take for Plusnet to admit there is a fault and get a BT openreach engineer to my home? Any tests that Plusnet are doing must be completely clear that there is a fault  by now with the broadband .I need Openreach to get out here to sort this.
I am totally sick of listening to the same old tale of Plusnet has to test the line. It is clear, there is a fault and now NO broadband. I am also totally sick of having to wait well over an hour to talk to someone who gives me the same old story.
Thank God when May comes and I am out of this contract and will be looking for a better service elsewhere.
Plusnet Award winning service is a joke.
I only get one MB in speed as it is when it is working, and pay a very high premium for that as opposed to others.This is because my line comes from the exchange which is not near my home- therefore I feel  the service I get should be better than this when something goes wrong.
Can anyone help?
Can someone call me please and arrange an openreach engineer?
6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Broadband fault and now NO broadband. I NEED OPENREACH PLEASE . Help!

Does PlusNet provide your phone service?  If not, then this problem (a PSTN line issue) needs to be directed to your phone provider.
If PlusNet provide both BB and phone, then you are lucky in that there can be no arguments between service providers over who is responsible.  If the fault is your line (and your distance from the exchange) changing suppliers is not going to alter either of those factors - you will still have the same line, you will still be the same distance from the exchange and the problem will still need to be fixed by the same BTOR engineers.
There is some possibility that there is a multi-user issue in your area, in which case customers of several ISPs will be impacted.
Posting the ticket number here will assist CRT staff to look at your specific issue.  When was the ticket raised?  What was the last update on it?  You can find the ticket using the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

darcy
Grafter

Townman- My phone and broadband are both with Plusnet. The ticket number is 115449461 for this fault.
"If the fault is your line (and your distance from the exchange) changing suppliers is not going to alter either of those factors - you will still have the same line, you will still be the same distance from the exchange and the problem will still need to be fixed by the same BTOR engineers."
I do know this, but maybe there will not be this waiting time every time something goes wrong. It is clear that there is a fault and still they are saying I have to wait this 48 hours.
Are you saying that you know there is a multi user fault or are you just guessing?
When you only get one MB of speed,every little bit counts and it is easy to get disgruntled very quickly, if you are disabled, live in a rural area and rely on broadband for nearly everything.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: darcy
I do know this, but maybe there will not be this waiting time every time something goes wrong. It is clear that there is a fault and still they are saying I have to wait this 48 hours.
Are you saying that you know there is a multi user fault or are you just guessing?
When you only get one MB of speed,every little bit counts and it is easy to get disgruntled very quickly, if you are disabled, live in a rural area and rely on broadband for nearly everything.

Hi,
Sorry if it seemed like I was teaching you to suck eggs ... many users having line difficulty believe that the answer is to change ISPs, which is not likely to be helpful.  If the line is faulty or degraded, changing ISPs is not going to alter that.  As you suggest though there is some possibility that the initial fault processing will be quicker.  That said BTOR response time is 72 working hours for a fault first touch.  Where there is a major cable fault, resolution will happen when it happens!
I have no information about your fault, simply sought to flag up the possibility that the problem could be more wide spread.  Has PlusNet made a first touch on the issue yet?  Now that the phone line is not working at all (no dial tone?) it might be wise to raise a phone fault (in place of or in addition to the broadband fault) as I believe a different team might deal with those.  See the link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

darcy
Grafter

Can anyone tell me if I am going to be contacted by plusnet about my broadband fault before 9.27am tomorrow when my 48 hours waiting time is up, to tell me what is going on and what is happening ?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Considering that gives Plusnet Saturday night to Sunday morning, I guess it's very unlikely Plusnet will contact you within that time. Add some stormy weather to increase the number of faults, which won't help.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

To answer that you'll need an answer from a PlusNet staff member.  I've not seen any one of them present on here today (which is not the same as them not having been around) however they do not work the forums on Sundays.