cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops out when idle

jillstew77

Broadband drops out when idle

Hi all new to plusnet and my broad band is fine but after a while it drops and i have to log into hub manager and hit connect then it comes back on again !!!! Is this a router setting i can turn off ? or is it a fault.

3 REPLIES 3
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Broadband drops out when idle

Which router are you using?

Some Netgear routers (there may be others) have a 'timeout' setting which needs to be set at zero (i.e. no timeout.)

Otherwise you need to look at which lights go out or change colour when the drops happen to provide further clues.

jillstew77

Its the sagem one i think and the colour goes from blue to amber then the connection light just stays red till i log into hub manager then click connect

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jillstew77, I am sorry that you have been having some issues with the service.

Testing doesn't highlight anything that could be causing this to happen, but logs our side show the connection failed as the router was rejecting the password.

It all looks to be connected for now so please just monitor it and in the meantime I have removed the routers' auto-configure component and re added it, so hopefully this won't happen again.

If you have any further issues with this however, please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team