cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops out frequently

alxalinm

Broadband drops out frequently

Hello,

I was generally happy with how my internet connection was working and speed, but lately it has been dropping daily and frequently and have to wait for a page to load a lot more than usual. I've tried contacting your customer care, but it is not available at this time which is understandable, but still should give people another option (outside of forum) that allows your employees to work remotely and still assist people. 

My guaranteed speed is 

• Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 30.9Mbps

not sure I've seen it going up above 25MBPS - 26MBPS based on tests run on speedtest net and that wouldn't be that bad if the connection would be stable. It makes working from home very frustrating.

Files attached to show out of 5 tests, how my speed presents itself. Last one is 4MBPS!!!

Please let me know what details you need to check my connection and assist with this. Thank you.

Regards,

Alin

10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Broadband drops out frequently

Hi there, 

I've just had a look into this for you and we're not seeing any signs of obvious causes for this. 

Assuming that you've noticed the reduction in speeds and disconnections over WiFi would you be able to try running a speed test over a cabled connection to the router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alxalinm

Hey Adam,

Thanks for looking into this, I don't have a cable at hand unfortunately, always on wi fi.

Regards,
Alin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK no worries, it would be best if we make some changes to the router settings next which should improve the WiFi performance for you. Can I just ask first if you've got access to an Android device such as a phone or tablet?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alxalinm

I do have acces to a smartphone.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great, can you try installing a free app called "WiFi Analyzer" (by Farproc) from the play store please? If you can post a screengrab of the channel graph once that's running that will show us what changes we need to make. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alxalinm

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Cheers for that. just to check too before I make any changes do you use any Apple devices?

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alxalinm

Hey Adam,

Only have a couple that I use rarely for testing as part of my job, only using the WI FI on them, but they're all disconnected at this point and not used on a regular basis.

Regards,

Alin

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, no problem. Would it be OK to go ahead and make some changes to the router settings? I ask as it will cause your devices to disconnect briefly. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alxalinm

Yes Adam, please go ahead, let me know if I need to do anything.