cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops every 24 hours

NIckand

Broadband drops every 24 hours

I am shocked at how bad this company issue. Trying to speak to anyone is impossible. From day 1 several months ago my internet drops off at 17.30 every day - it is irritatating having to reconnect. Please can anyone help me because the company is obviously only interested in taking my money
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband drops every 24 hours

Did you report this when it started 'several months ago' ?

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you're having connection issues. Our tests aren't showing any problems.

Do you notice the issues occur across WiFi devices or straight to the router using an ethernet cable?

If you're using WiFi, would you be able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. If your connection is OK that way, then it's likely the issue lies with the wireless signal and further help can be found Here.

If you're still having problems using a wired connection, does the light on the front of your router change colour when the connection drops for you?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@Gandalf -wild thought, if this is every day - is the connection set to 'always on'?

John
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @NIckand,

Having a look at the connection longs it actually looks like the connection drops at between 5:30 and 6:30pm every single day since the connection began.

Here's a visual representation of your connection from March to May:

It's similar situation for dates following this. Yesterday the connection came back online at 5:56pm.

Something is causing these drops, they're too dead on the mark to not be being caused by something.

Can you advise if you're using our router or your own, if you're using your own do you have an idle time out set on the router (ours doesn't have that facility)?

Does something happen in your home environment at between 5:30 & 6:30pm every single day? 

Are there any street lights outside your premises? If so what time approximately are they coming on?