cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out

cmboyd

Broadband dropping out

After 5 years of having no problems with plusnet broadband suddenly for the past two days we have  been bedevilled with constant 'drop outs'. It is ridiculous that in this day and age a stable broadband seems to be beyond the capability of man.
4 REPLIES 4
mm97ks

Re: Broadband dropping out

I'm having the same issues since I started my services with plusnet (a month), which i have sent proof on a daily basis, however, had now such issues with Sky. Had an engineer out, who said there are no problems with my line and have also had a new router. This can only point to one thing. . . Plusnet!!!
Anyone been able to resolve this issue?
cozza50

i have been having the same first i had cracky line so brought new land line phone thinking it was that  and also briadband dropping
this has been going on now for 3 weeks  openreach came out said cannot find fault on line  Sad
now broadband is  only between 3-5 mb when i used to get nearly seven  this seems to happend when i renewed my contract  ?
now rang this morning its a broad band fault  on the line ? so now got to have another openreach person to come out ?
I been with plusnet for a number of years had no problems with it till the past 3 weeks  and now its getting on my tits  Angry
mm97ks

Plusnet called and said my line was 'over performing' ans needed to adjust my setting to improve the service. Now i'm getting nearly half the speed i was getting with Sky and speeds as low as 0.2 when i was consistently getting over 3 with Sky.
I just don't have any confidence with plusnet. I have to give it 24 hours and then take it further. I just need to end this nightmare with them, they just cant deliver the same service that their peers
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: mm97ks
Plusnet called and said my line was 'over performing' ans needed to adjust my setting to improve the service.  ...

You might be better starting your own thread.  Can you include some relevant figures, for example what rate you're connecting at, speed test results and router line statistics?  Also any equivalent figures from your time with Sky.
They've tried that "over performing" tack with me, not sure what they think that means in your case but it could just be that your actual speed is higher than the BT Wholesale estimate for your line.  If that's the case then Plusnet should not be brushing you off, nor threatening to clamp your speed down to some lower figure.  But without figures all we can do is speculate.  Did they even say what change they were making?    Have a look on your account to see what they've put in the ticket, and also look for closed tickets - sometimes the relevant comments are added to a separate ticket that's immediately closed, rather than added to the main ticket.